History of Palmer
General William J. Palmer High School is a modest-sized secondary school located in downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado. The school has a student body of approximately 1850, and attracts enrollment from all over the city. The flagship high school of School District 11, Palmer has the oldest International Baccalaureate (IB) program in the area, founded in 1993. Palmer is located at 301 North Nevada Avenue in Colorado Springs. The present building was built by the Works Progress Administration under Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1940. Originally named Colorado Springs High School, Palmer High School was re-named in 1959 after the city's founder, General William Jackson Palmer.
For more on the history of the school visit this CSHS-Palmer Alumni Association page.