9th Grade Course Scheduling
REGISTRATION FOR 9TH GRADE CLASSES IN 2023-24
This is the form for current 8th grade to select their 2023-24 9th grade classes at Palmer.
This is the presentation counselors gave to 8th grade students at D11 middle schools in January 2023.
Shadow Day Information
Shadow Days are an opportunity for incoming 9th grade students to attend one day of classes with a current 9th grade students at Palmer.
- Palmer will offer Shadow Days between January 17 – February 17, 2023.
- Shadow Days are the full school day from 7:35 am to 3:09 pm.
- Shadow Days are not offered on Wednesdays or Valentine's Day, February 14, 2023.
- We have a limit of 6 students per Shadow Day.
To schedule a Shadow Day, please call the appropriate number below at least one week before your requested Shadow Day.
- If your student wants to attend honors classes, call Ali Thiesfeld at 719-328-5073.
- If your students wants to attend general classes, call Judi Snow at 719-328-5011.
Below are our student expectations for Shadow Days:
- Shadowing students must bring their school ID and check in at a Palmer security desk at either the front entrance off Nevada Ave. or the east entrance off Weber St.
- When shadowing students check in, they will be given a "shadow" badge that they must wear throughout the day.
- Shadowing students will need their ID to get a school lunch in the cafeteria.
- Shadowing students must follow all Palmer HS policies and be respectful of our students and academic environment.